Why I stopped taking Hairfinity and cut my hair!

Hey everybody! This post is paired with my recent video “Hairfinity update Part 2“. Check out my previous video “Hairfinity update Part 1” for more information and pictures showing my hair growth!

Q1: Why did I stop taking hairfinity?

I started taking hairfinity in January 2014 and around March & April I started to notice some serious breakage on the back-sides of my hair. My hair was also thinning in those same places. After thinking about it, I decided not to finish my 3rd bottle of hairfinity because I was not only wasting my time but also wasting my money by taking hairfinity. Yes, the rest of my hair was growing but one spot of both sides of my head was not growing but breaking off! The purpose of taking hairfinity was to make my hair long and healthy. I wasn’t sure where the breakage was coming from but I knew there was going to be a dramatic difference between my hair from last January to May. So until I can figure out what is causing my breakage I’m not going to take any hair supplements.

image

Q2: Why did I cut my hair?

This answer should be self-explanatory as you see in the photo above. My hair on my left side looks like a part is missing because the hair right there is extremely short. This is the reason why all my curly styles i.e. my braidout (picture below) makes it look like I have a tapered cut when in fact it is due to breakage. I had a lot of split ends as well as fairy knots in the back of my head and I was just beyond frustrated. I realized I had breakage on both sides of my head but the left side was more dramatic than the right. So I decided to cut my hair to get rid of the split ends and to also even out my hair.

1601474_10202913941642628_816106187_n

Q3: What’s next?

My hair is going into rehab! I’m doing protective styles for the whole summer starting with the Angle-balanced unit from FingerComber. I also put together a nightly routine to keep my hair moisturized and healthy. If you are interested in seeing more videos about my protective styles please leave a comment and let me know!

xoxo

YesSarie

My Angle-balanced unit!

fingercomber 2

Click the picture to watch my latest video!
hairfinity part 3

10 thoughts on “Why I stopped taking Hairfinity and cut my hair!

• LaShon Renee June 9, 2014 at 6:04 pm

That’s crazy. Hopefully the protective styling works. The cut is cute though.

1. yessarie June 9, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Thank you! This is my first protective style wig and I love it! The texture blends so easily with my hair and it wasn’t expensive. I’m on a College Student budget. lol

1. London Love June 1, 2015 at 2:26 am

I’m so glad I found this post, hairfinity was working for me, until November of 2014, then my hair started to break off all in the back. My font is long but I have no hair in the back. I am extremely mad about that. I kept thinking what if it’s the pills and now I know why because it is the pills. I hate that I will probably have to chop all of the back off and probably wear a bob.

• Kini November 23, 2014 at 8:39 am

Have you noticed your hair thickening and less breakage since you stopped taking them?

• katrina March 26, 2015 at 7:01 am

I just finished my first bottle and notice flat ironin my hair yesterday the the middle top if my hair was gone I used haifinity for the same reason to see my hair healthy and see some growth but yet I get this I’m so mad do u have a youtube link so I can follow u u n what u did? Good luck with your hair journey!!

• Shahs January 12, 2016 at 7:07 pm

I’m glad you posted something about the hair breakage. The same exact thing happened to me! I didn’t know what was wrong..if I ate something that didn’t mix well with hair supplements. The front of my hair grew out just fine, but I ended up shaving the back of my hair off. Everything is good now. But its great to know I wasn’t the only one lol

• Dayon May 16, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Wow I started taking hairfinity pills immediately after I stopped breast feeding. My hair was growing super fast and long for about 6 months until it all stopped. My hair began breaking asymmetrically. I thought that when my hair started breaking it was due to postpartum “shedding”. As my stylist informed me, what I had was breakage and not shedding. In hindsight, I regret using the pills when all I had to take was biotin and msm. Thanks for sharing ladies because nobody speaks about the negative side effects.

1. yessarie February 13, 2017 at 8:29 am

I completely agree! Sticking to biotin and msm is a lot safer and more rewarding in my opinion. Thank you so much for commenting. ❤️

• Mrs.Brenner July 10, 2016 at 5:28 am

hey i dont think your hair is breaking due to hairfinity. your hair looks like its undergoing breakage due to split ends heat damage and or chemical relaxing/straightening. if its becase of hairfinity it wold break from the root meaning the whole strands. my suggestion seems that yo likely over relaxed your whole hair strands enough to weaken it . and though there were still some hair strands growing were the less likely damaged area from whatever you did to your hair thus hair finity still kept it growing

1. yessarie February 13, 2017 at 8:28 am

Yes I can understand your reasoning however I’ve never relaxed my hair. Heat damage is a very small possibility. But I do think that Hairfinity has been over hyped with what it actually can do to your hair.